For a small business, a marketing budget is usually even smaller. Small business owners may believe that this is enough, or that they have no choice but to make do with their limited resources. Fully understandable, but this kind of thinking should not be your long-term principle. For your small business to get anywhere, you need to use marketing techniques like the rest of the businesses you are competing with.
Small budget marketing
You don’t have to spend every penny you make on marketing, but marketing efforts are the drivers of business. If you want to earn more, you will have to spend just a bit more now. An investment in your future may be a gamble, but every business has to toss the dice once in a while.
To keep the costs to a minimum while not totally suffocating your opportunities to reach your target market, make a list of possible marketing efforts and eliminate those that you’ll have to do at a later time. Focus on a few activities that will get your business noticed in the near future.
One good example is pay-per-click. This is more an expense than an investment if you think about it. What it does for you may lead to that investment that’s important if your business is to gain enough traction for the future.
Pay-per-click is all about leads. There are instances when it is one of only a handful of online marketing activities that can produce results for your money. Here are some examples of those instances when a Denver PPC agency can help you. See if your present circumstances fall under them.
- Your business is trying to rank for difficult keywords. Organic rankings take time, even more so if the keywords are hard.
- You want more presence than your search engine results can give. Again, organic rankings take time, and even if you do make it to the first three pages on a Google search, you are not guaranteed more exposure than that.
- You are preparing to strengthen inbound marketing. Pay-per-click will get those leads early.
- You are in a hurry. This means you’re trying to sell something that won’t be there for long. A seasonal product is a good example.
- Your cost per acquisition is lower when you’re getting leads through PPC.
For many business owners, these examples are simple enough. If you want to make sure your efforts are turned toward the right direction, get the help of a professional agency.